Starting May 1—July 31, 2016 the Epilepsy Foundation is having a contest just for School Teachers. There will be one lucky winner of a $500 gift card and one lucky winner of a $500 gift card to one school in Mississippi! Other prizes will be awarded as well!! All you have to do is complete the online Managing Students with Seizures course, Provide proof to the Epilepsy Foundation of Mississippi of completion then you will receive a Managing Students with Seizures: Affiliate Presentation Guide, Quick Reference Guide and your name goes into the drawing. It’s that simple, you are getting continuing education credits and helping to change and improve the lives of children with seizures!
Rules for the contest
- Must complete the online course by July 31,2016.
- Must provide proof of completion to the Epilepsy Foundation of Mississippi by July 31, 2016 via mail, email, or fax. (Include School Region, Email, & Mailing Address.)
- the winners will be drawn on August 1, 2016!
Managing Students with Seizures: A Training for School Nurses is an accredited continuing education training program designed to provide the school nurse with information, strategies and resources that will enable him/her to better manage the student with seizures by supporting positive treatment outcomes, maximizing educational and developmental opportunities, and ensuring a safe supportive environment.
This NO COST training program is available online through the National Association of School Nurses’ Online Continuing Education Learning Center. The program is divided into five modules to assist the school nurse in learning to effectively manage seizures in a school environment. At the completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize seizure activity and it impact on students
- Ensure appropriate seizure first aid is given while minimizing stigma
- Coordinate ongoing treatment with the student, parents, the school and health care team
- Train teachers and other personnel to recognize and manage seizures
- Help to create an environment in which the child continues to achieve educational goals
*Upon completion participants will receive 0.1 CNE Contact Hours.
To Access the Online Training:
1. Click here
2. Register to take the online course
3. Complete the course by July 31, 2016
4. Email or Fax your certificate to Ttownsend@epilepsy-ms.org or 601-939-0824 by close of business on July 31, 2016 and you could start your next year with $500 to spend on YOU! Because of your hardwork to get seizure smart your school could also receive $500!
For More Information Contact:
Epilepsy Foundation of Mississippi
Ttownsend@epilepsy-ms.org or 601-936-5222
Please click the Contest flyer!